Curry Sriracha Air Fryer Chicken Wings
Pick up a bottle of savory Curry Sriracha Sauce and make these flavorful wings.Instructions for conventional frying and baking are in the notes section.
- 4 1/2 pounds chicken wings
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
Quick Jamaican Jerk Marinade
- 1 tablespoon Jamaican curry powder optional
- 2 teaspoons adobo
- 1 1/2 teaspoons sazón
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1 teaspoon granulated garlic
- 1 teaspoon granulated onion powder
- 1/4 teaspoon ground allspice
- 1/4 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/8 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cloves
- 1/8 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 tablespoons sofrito
- 1 tablespoon Weak Knees Curry Sriracha Sauce (or sriracha sauce and an additional tablespoon of curry powder)
- 1 tablespoon molasses
Curry Sriracha BBQ Sauce
- 14 ounce bottle BBQ sauce
- 1/4 cup Weak Knees Curry Sriracha Sauce
- 2 tablespoons Bees Knees Spicy Honey (or plain honey)
- 1 teaspoon Jamaican curry powder (optional)
- 1/2 teaspoon salt or to taste
- pinch black pepper or to taste
- 1/2-3/4 cup Red Stripe beer or 1/4 cup white wine vinegar
Marinate the Wings in the Quick Jamaican Jerk Marinade (Can Be Made 3 Days Ahead)
In a large bowl, toss the wings in the baking soda. Set the bowl aside. In a separate mixing bowl, combine the curry powder, adobo, sazón, thyme leaves, granulated garlic and onion, allspice, ginger, nutmeg, cloves, and cinnamon. Add sofrito, Curry Sriracha sauce, and molasses to the mix and stir to combine the ingredients to make a chunky paste. Pour the marinade over the wings in the bowl and massage it into the wings. Cover the bowl, or transfer the wings to a gallon-size food storage bag.Marinate the wings in the refrigerator for at least 3 hours or, optimally, overnight.
Prepare the Curry Sriracha BBQ Sauce (Can Be Done 1 Week Ahead)
Air Fry the Chicken Wings
Make Ahead and Storage Instructions:
- The Quick Jamaican Jerk marinade can mixed 3 days ahead and stored in a sealed container in the fridge.
- You can store the marinated wings in the fridge for 24 hours.
- After coating in the Jamaican Jerk marinade the wings may be frozen in a plastic bag for 3 months. Thaw under refrigeration prior to cooking.
- The Curry Sriracha BBQ sauce can be made up to one week in advance. Refrigerate it in a sealed container. The sauce can also be frozen for 2 months.
Traditional Frying Instructions:
- Heat peanut or vegetable oil to 350°F.
- Fry the wings 6 or 7 at a time for 9-12 minutes or until crispy.
- Drain slightly on a paper-towel lined plate before tossing as instructed above.
- Preheat your oven to 400°F. Lightly grease a sheetpan with non-stick cooking spray.
- Arrange the wings on the sheetpan in a single layer.
- Bake the wings on one side for 20 minutes.
- Flip the wings over and bake for an additional 20 minutes, or until crispy and cooked through.
- Remove the wings from the oven and use a spatula to transfer them from the sheetpan to a bowl containing the Curry Sriracha sauce.
- Toss the wings in the sauce to coat evenly and serve immediately.
To Store ,or Freeze, and Reheat Leftovers:
- To store the wings, transfer them to a food storage container, and keep them in the fridge for up to 3 days.
- Reheat the refrigerated wings in a 250°F air fryer or 300°F oven for the best results. You can also, as a last resort, reheat them in the microwave until warmed through.
- Freeze cooked and sauced chicken wings in a freezer storage bag and freeze them for 3 months.
- Thaw the wings overnight in the refrigerator and reheat them in the air fryer, oven, or microwave until warmed through.
Calories: 428kcal | Carbohydrates: 25g | Protein: 29g | Fat: 22g | Saturated Fat: 6g | Cholesterol: 106mg | Sodium: 1495mg | Potassium: 315mg | Fiber: 1g | Sugar: 20g | Vitamin A: 234IU | Vitamin C: 8mg | Calcium: 25mg | Iron: 2mg