This lemony-garlic sesame sauce is the perfect accompaniment for all of your Middle Eastern mezze dishes.
Servings 2 cups
- 3 garlic cloves peeled
- 1/2 tsp kosher salt
- 1 cup tahini paste stirred well
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/3 cup freshly squeezed lemon juice
- 1/2 cup water plus more for thinning out
- 1/4 cup cilantro chopped, plus more for garnish
- 1 tsp Middle Eastern Spice Blend
Place the garlic cloves into the blender with the salt. Add the tahini paste, olive oil, lemon juice, and the water. Finally, add the cilantro and the Middle Eastern Spice Blend.
Blend for one minute. Scrape down the blender and add a tablespoon of water if it appears too thick. The consistency should be that of ketchup: thick, but still pourable. Add the water a little at a time so as not to thin it out too much. Blend again for one minute.
Pour the sauce into the bowl and sprinkle with a bit of chopped cilantro. Serve with a few slices of toasted pita, pita chips or these Egyptian-Style Falafel.